Your Admin has the ability to upload floorplans into the product during and after onboarding.
Important Note: That if you are updating the floorplan, then make sure you use the same size/scale as the previous floorplan as you want the dots to line up with the seats.
The floorplan will be published as a PNG image that will be uploaded into SiQ. The Floorplan Preparation article details what preparation needs to be completed on the source file:
You have a choice for how you load the floorplan either you can:
- Upload the PNG image Manually - manually upload a high-resolution floorplan image as an PNG file.
- Upload DWG file using the SiQ AutoCAD Plugin - if you are using furniture blocks then you will upload a floorplan using the SiQ AutoCAD Plugin
Upload the PNG image Manually
- From the menu, click the Manage icon.
- From the sub-menu, click Buildings/Floors. The Manage Building and Floor screen displays.
- Find the building in the list and click the Expand icon to display the floor details.
4. Click the Floor Name. The Floor Details dialog displays.
5. Click the Edit icon.
6. In the Floor Plan Image area, either drag and drop the file or browse to select the high-resolution floor plan image.
When you have manually uploaded the floorplan image the Map area will be populated, where:
- Floor Plan Image displays the image.
- Width and Height fields are populated with the SiQ Paper Size of Width (pixels) 4000 and Height (pixels) 3100.
7. Click the Save button. The floorplan PNG image is saved.
Upload DWG file using the SiQ AutoCAD Plugin
You need to follow the instrcutions in SiQ AutoCAD Plugin Installation & User Guide and this explains how to Publish a New Floorplan OR Open an Existing Floorplan with Blocks.
When you have used the SiQ AutoCAD Plugin to publish the floor map the Map area will be populated where:
- Floor Plan CAD file displays the DWG filename.
- Floor Plan Image area displays the floorplan image.
- Width and Height fields are populated.
Important Note: You will notice that maybe the width and height fields do not display the SiQ Paper Size. In the screenshot above you will see it displays as Width (pixels) 1884 and Height (pixels) 1145 this is still correct as this is is the scale of the DWG file. If you make modifications to the DWG file then make sure you use the same size/scale as the previous floorplan as you want the dots to line up with the seats.
Now, you are ready to manage your blocks in the Map Editor, see Manage Furniture Blocks.