This is where you want a Department(s) or Team(s) (sub-department) to be allocated to seats but the employees have no assigned seats. With a neighborhood, you can set up an employee-to-seat ratio.
- If you want your employees to be able to book a desk then, see Change a Neighborhood to Hoteling Desks.
This can be used when you have a team that requires an employee-to-seat ratio set.
For example, the Sales team will often work outside of the office and infrequently come into the office. The ratio for these teams will be 2:1 ratio where there are 2 employees to 1 seat.
- Step 1. Add a Neighborhood for the Team
- Step 2. View the Neighborhood on the Floor Map
- Step 3. Add Employees to the Neighborhood
- Step 4. Adjust the Neighborhood's Capacity
Step 1. Add a Neighborhood for the Team
Navigate to the Floor Map, click on the Floor Map icon then select the floor you want to manage.
Select multiple spaces by holding the Shift key down while you click-and-drag over spaces.
The data drawer displays.
Click the UPDATE USAGE button. The Space Usage Types dialog displays.
Click the Neighborhood usage type.
- Select an existing neighborhood
- OR in the New neighborhood field, enter a new neighborhood name. For example, Sales Team Neighborhood.
Click the ADD button. The new neighborhood is immediately added to the dialog.
Click the new neighborhood name. The seats are allocated to the neighborhood.
Step 2. View the Neighborhood on the Floor Map
Remember you can view the neighborhood on the Floor Map when you turn on the View Filter, see Customize Floor Map Views
Click the View Filter icon. The filters display.
Click the Neighborhoods filter to turn it on.
Step 3. Add Department to the Neighborhood
Select the neighborhood spaces by holding the Shift key down while you click-and-drag over spaces.
The Data Drawer displays the selected employees and spaces.
Click the REALLOCATE ALL button. The Allocations dialog displays.
- Search for the department or sub-department and then select the name.
- Click the department or sub-department in the list. For example, New Business.
The department is added to the neighborhood.
Step 3. Add Employees to the Neighborhood
You will need to associate the employee with the neighborhood. This can be complete from the Floor Map.
- If you want to assign an employee to a seat from a different location then, in the Search field enter the employee's name.
- When the employee's name displays in the search results, then drag and drop the employee to the seat.
If you prefer the employees can be associated with the neighborhood from the Manage Neighborhood area.
Navigate to the Neighborhoods Management screen, click the Neighborhoods Management icon.
In the Search field, enter the neighborhood's name.
From the search results, select the neighborhood's name. The Neighborhood details dialog displays.
Click the +Employee/Department button.
In the Search pop-up, click the Department tab.
In the Search field, enter the team's name.
From the search results, select the team's name.
The employees in the team are added to the neighborhood.
Step 4. Adjust the Neighborhood's Capacity
In the Neighborhood Details dialog, you will need to set the maximum number of people (capacity) for the neighborhood and this can be greater than the number of physical seats.
Click into the Capacity field, enter the capacity number. For example, the Sales Team Neighborhood has 6 seats and 12 employees so you would set the capacity to 6.
When you change the number, this is automatically saved.