Note: Space Type is not the same as Usage Type. Space type defines the pace, such as Work space, Office, or Cubicle. Usage Type is how spaces are used, such as a Primary Seat or Hoteling Desk.
This article will explain the three space types and their associated characteristics in-depth.
Space Type Characteristics
Each space type is associated with a set of characteristics: Seatable or Unseatable, Default or Custom.
- Seatable or Unseatable - Space types that are seatable can be assigned to one or more people. This is relevant because, in order to seat an employee in a space, the space type has to be seatable. All seatable spaces are personal spaces. Examples of seatable space types are Work Space, Cubicle, or Shared Office. View more personal space types below.
- Default or Custom - SiQ provides an extensive list of seat types. All of these are available by default in SiQ, although you can hide space types you want to. Also, you can create custom space types, see Custom Space Types below.
Personal Space Types
Personal space types are assigned to one or more people. As such, all personal spaces are seatable.
- Personal spaces can be allocated to a department, but they must have a usage type assigned. For example, a Cubicle (personal space type) can be used for Neighborhood (usage type,) Primary Space (usage type), or Hotel Desk (usage type) seating.
- You can add personal spaces to workplace groups.
This is a list of default Personal Space Types currently available in SiQ:
- Bench desk
- Office - private
- Office - shared
- Work Space
You can find a list of all personal space types in your system in Space Types Settings.
Common Space Types
Common space types are not seatable, but they are available for general use. You cannot assign a usage type to a common space. For example, a Gym (common space type) cannot be designated for a Primary Seat (usage type) or a Hotel Desk (usage type.)
- Common spaces cannot be allocated for a department.
- Common spaces can be a part of a neighborhood, but it is not required.
- Common spaces can be added to workplace groups.
This is the list of default Common Space Types currently available in SiQ:
- Break room
- Family room
- Game room
- General space
- Meeting - 1x1
- Meeting - large
- Meeting - medium
- Meeting - small
- Meeting Room
- Men's bathroom
- Men's showers
- Shipping & Receiving
- Storage - secured
- Wellness room
- Women's bathroom
- Women's showers
You can find a list of all common space types in your system in Space Types settings.
Custom Space Types
SiQ gives you the option to create a custom space type. You can name the space and designate it as seatable or not. When created, a custom space type will be listed among Space Type options in the Data Drawer.
You can find a list of all space types and custom space types in Space Types settings.