Level: SiQ Admin
Admins can book a hotel desk for another employee. You may find this useful when you're making arrangements for employees or consultants who are visiting from out-of-town and need a desk.
Learn about booking a desk for someone else in these sections:
- Who can Book a Desk for Someone Else?
- Watch the Video - Book a Desk for Someone Else
- Book a Desk for Someone Else
- Book Desks for Multiple Employees via an Import
Who can Book a Desk for Someone Else?
Admin or Employee
- Admins can book a desk for someone else
- Employees cannot book a desk for someone else
Admins, Location Admins, Department Admins, and Space Captains
- Admins with full admin permissions can book for someone else without restriction
- Location Admins can book for someone else in the locations they manage
- Department Admins can book for someone else in the departments they manage
- Space Captains can book for someone else in the location and department they manage
Web or Mobile
- SiQ Web: Yes, admins can book a desk for someone on SiQ Web
- SiQ Mobile: No, admins cannot book a desk for someone else on SiQ Mobile.
For more information see User Role Matrix: Manage Bookings section
Watch the Video - Book a Desk for Someone Else
Watch this video to learn how admins can book a hotel desk on behalf of an employee.
Book a Desk for Someone Else
These instructions will show you how to book a desk for someone else from the Floor Map on SiQ Web.
Note: you won't be able to book for someone else in the Book Desk Module ; you can only make personal bookings from the Book Desk Module.
Navigate to Floor Map. Then, find a hotel desk and click on it.
A data drawer will open. Scroll down until you see the calendar.
Use the arrows to scroll through the calendar months, and click the day or days you want to book. If those dates are available, you'll see this message: No Reservations on this day, yet. After selecting dates, click Add new booking.
Select times or toggle All Day Booking to ON.
When you click into the Searchfield, a Me option comes up. Choose Me to book for yourself, or type another employee's name into Search. Click to select a person.
New bookings display to the left of the calendar. Cancel a booking by clicking the x next to the reservation. You can continue working in the data drawer, or close it to return to the floor map.
Your booking for another employee has been saved. When you search for the employee's name, you'll see their reservation listed in the search results.
Book Desks for Multiple Employees via an Import
While creating a booking for someone else is simplest from the Floor Plan, you can also create bookings for your employees in bulk via booking import. You can import bookings in the Manage Bookings section.
Learn more: Import Desk Bookings in Bulk
Download the video below