Employee names that aren’t on the master list are removed when you import a new list, so the manual add option is best for non-employees such as temporary workers, contractors, and others who are not an official part of the organization's roster but may need to use spaces within the office.
You can also use the manual add to quickly onboard a new team member and get them in the system without requiring interaction with your master spreadsheet.
Note: Update the spreadsheet with this person’s information before your next import so their entry doesn’t get deleted.
Add a Temporary Employee
- Click +New Employee button.
The New Employee dialog displays.
2. Complete the following fields:
The following are the required fields and the other fields are optional.
- Name - The first name and last name of the employee.
- Email - You do not need to add an email in order to manually add a person to your Employees list. When you fill in the other required fields, the system will auto-populate this field with a generic email. This is useful if you plan to add employees who haven’t yet been assigned a company email and in other cases where there is no company email associated with the person you add. If you update your master spreadsheet with the person’s assigned email address later, it will replace the auto-generated generic address with the real address.
- HR Location - Select the HR Location for the employee. This is important to select the HR Location as this is used in the Floor Map's Unseated List. See Building and Employees Location Relationship for more details.
- Department/Team - Select the Department/ Team that the employee belongs to.
Note the Type field is where you would specify whether the person is full-time or a contractor.
When you are done, click the Create button.
Remove a Temporary Employee
You can delete employees that have been manually created such as a contractor.
- Click the Filter button.
- Click the Manually Added check box.
- From the Location selection, select a location.
- From the employee list, select the employee(s).
The employee(s) are automatically updated.