- Check with your Administrator before creating an import as there could be an existing SFTP setup for the Employee Import!
- Every employee you import will overwrite existing selected fields. Therefore, it is recommended to start a new import with an export of your current employee list when you want to add new people.
- Manually added employees are exempted from deletion if they are not included in the import.
Complete the steps:
Step 1. Export the Employee List
From the menu, click the Manage icon.
From the sub-menu, click Employees.
When on the Manage Employee screen, click the More Actions icon  to display more actions.
Click Export to CSV. The employee list is automatically downloaded.
Step 2. Set up the CSV file
Open the downloaded CSV file in a spreadsheet editor.
Add your new employees to the end of the employee list.
Step 3. Import the Employee List
From the Manage Employees screen, click the More Actions icon  and then select Import.
Upload CSV File
The Upload CSV file dialog displays.
Either drag and drop a CSV file into the window or click and browse to select the file.
Map Employee Profile
After you have selected the CSV, you'll see an intermediate screen. This is where you map your import fields to those accepted by the SiQ product.
At the top is a list of all required fields which are:
- Full Name
- Employee Type
The green check marks indicate you have already mapped the required field.
For the fields that you want to overwrite (update), click the -Select- drop-down either:
- select the field to map to
- select Extra field
- for fields you don't want to map, select Skip column.
Your mappings will be remembered, so when you import another CSV in the future with the same column header names, your job will be much easier. If for any reason you don't want to update a field, then don't map the source.
When you are ready, click the Next button.
The Preview dialog displays. This shows you a preview of your import data.
Double check to make sure that the values shown make sense with the column title mappings.
When you are ready, click the Import button and a warning displays "You are about to overwrite employee data, this action cannot be undone." Click the Continue button to import the employees.
Import In Progress
A progress bar displays.
When the import is finished an Import Summary dialog displays the number of rows created, updated, deleted, and failed.