Every workspace in SiQ has a Usage Type and this not the same as Space Type:
- Usage Type is a description of the way space is used, such as a Primary Seat or Hoteling Desk.
- Space Type is an attribute assigned to a space, such as Cubicle or Lounge.
- View Seat Usage in your Portfolio
- Change Seat Usage Types
- Change a Seat
- Change Multiple Seats
View Seat Usage in your Portfolio
On the floor map, the center color of each space icon tells you what Usage Type is currently applied and the seat usage is also summarized at the floor and building level on the Portfolio screen.
More details, see View Seat Usage.
Change Seat Usage Types
The Seat Usage can be changed in the Floor Map module.
Change a Seat
To change a seat's usage, complete the following:
- Click on the seat. The Data Drawer displays.
- From Usage Type drop-down, select the usage type.
- If you are changing the seat type from Primary to anything else, you will receive a warning that any seated employees will be unseated in future assignment plans.
The seat is automatically saved and the center circle will be updated to show the new usage color.
List of Usage Types
The following articles contain details on how to change the usage types.
The Primary Seat is the default usage type for a seat. They can have individual employees assigned. Only one person can be assigned to a primary seat at a time. This is more or less the standard seat type, and the one most organizations are familiar with when they use assigned employee seating.
Like Hot Desks, employees cannot be assigned to Hoteling Desks. Hotel Seats are used to schedule time in a structured way so as to keep track of what specific seats are available and when.
More details, see Update Usage Type to Hotelling Desk.
Hot Desks are used to share work spaces in an unstructured manner with employees. Individual employees cannot be assigned to Hot Desks.
More details, see Change seat to a Hot Desk.
We define a Neighborhood as a multiple tenant grouping of seats, where any number of employees or departments can be assigned. Employees within Neighborhoods will no longer have specific, assigned seating.
Neighborhoods are floor- and building-specific, and they cannot span across multiple floors or buildings.
More details, see Manage Neighborhoods.
This usage type will let you temporarily prevent the seat from being used. This is useful in certain situations to ensure your summary data is not affected by seats that might otherwise be counted as vacant. Again, employees cannot be assigned to Reserved Desks.
More details, see Change Seat to Reserved Desk.
The Secondary Seat Usage type is handy for designating a space as in use, even when the person who is using it is already assigned to another Primary or Shared Seat.
More details, see Change Seat to a Secondary Seat.
The Shared Desk usage type will allow for multiple employees to be assigned to the desk.
More details, see Change Seat to Shared Desk.
Change Multiple Seats
To reassign a group of seats to a new usage type at once.
- Hold the Shift key and click and drag to select the seats you want to alter OR you can also hold the Shift key and click directly on a space to add to your group selection one space at a time.
The Data Drawer displays.
2. Click the UPDATE USAGE button.
3. Select a usage type.
The usage type is saved.