Customer IT / SpaceIQ Onboarding Team
This article will cover the steps required to integrate SiQ with the G-Suite calendar. When complete, this integration will let employees move meeting room bookings to their Google calendar. This integration uses the Cronofy Enterprise Connector.
- SiQ - Set up the Integrator Application
- Configure Service Account Permissions
- Reference External Documentation
You must be an administrator in your G-Suite organization in order to complete this integration.
SiQ - Set up the Integrator Application
You will need to enable this integration in SiQ.
Step 1.1 Activate the integration in SiQ
From the SiQ Web App, complete the following:
- Click your Profile Name in the top right corner.
- Click Settings. The Settings screen displays.
- From the left menu, click Integrations.
- From the Third Party Integrations area, click the READ MORE link. The Integrations screen displays.
You can either search for Google Calendar in the Search field or navigate to Google Calendar tile. To navigate complete the following:
- From the left menu, click Meeting Rooms.
- For Google Calendar, click the Activate button.
The Google Calendar dialog displays.
3. Complete the following:
- In the Gmail Domain Name field enter your company's domain name. Note this domain must be set up as a G-Suite domain.
4. Click the Activate button.
Step 1.2 Cronofy Enterprise Connect Email
Check your email and the activation email will contain an Activate Calendar link.
Step 1.3 Activate the Cronofy Enterprise Connect for Exchange
After you click on the activation link, you will be asked to give Cronofy Enterprise Connect permissions to manage certain resources.
The Cronofy screen displays.
Click the Google button. The Cronofy GSuite app screen displays.
Click the Install the Cronofy GSuite app button.
The GSuite Market displays with the Cronofy app ready to be installed.
Click the INSTALL button.
When you have finished the installation, check both boxes and click on the Link GSuite Domain button.
Confirm that the app is installed and then you will be taken to authorize calendar access for your domain. Then you will be redirected back to your application. This will then perform the required synchronization in the background.
Now when you book a meeting room, your organization's Google calendar will receive the information needed to display SiQ's meeting room bookings.
Configure Service Account Permissions
Google’s marketplace applications can be configured to restrict access to a subset of users and resources. This is configured using based upon Organizational Units.
For more information see Google’s documentation on:
- Turn on or off a Google Workspace Marketplace app for users - Google Workplace Admin Help
- How the organizational structure works - Google Workplace Admin Help for an overview on organization structures within G-Suite.
In this example, we create an Organizational Unit named Resource as a child resource of our root domain.
In order to authorize the application to use the Organizational Unit, a user must be created within this Organizational Unit.
This user must be configured to be granted the following admin privileges:
- For the Organizational Unit
- Admin API > Users > Read
- For all Organizational Units
- Admin API > Domain Management
This can be achieved by assigning each privilege via a distinct custom role.
At this stage, the Cronofy application should be installed for the domain.
After installing the Cronofy Application at the root domain level we can restrict access - blocking access to all users outside of the Organizational Unit:
And configure overridden access to our Organizational Unit to allow access to the application.
Cronofy will still make the user of Domain-wide Delegation but be sandboxed within the Organizational Unit. When authorizing the Google Service Account with Cronofy the newly created user must be used when linking.
After this has been completed any user accounts which should be accessed should be placed within the Organizational Unit in order to allow access. By default, all resources will be accessible and so can be linked.